Belize International Business Company
Company Formation Benefits
When you incorporate a company under the International Business Companies Act of 2000, you form an offshore company, commonly referred to as a Belize IBC. This is a tax free corporation and as an offshore entity has several advantages over domestic companies:
- Belize offshore companies are exempt from all taxes — there is no corporate, capital gains, inheritance and stamp, value added, withholding, gift or any other tax
- There are no currency exchange controls on transactions
Offshore Incorporation Process
- Belize offshore companies can be registered with just a sole incorporator and a single director/shareholder
- The shareholder can be the same person as the director
- The directors or shareholders can be either an individual or corporation themselves, and the nationality of the officer is of no importance
- Offshore companies can be formed with a nominee director and a nominee shareholder
- There is no need for a corporate secretary
- The director/ shareholder does not have to be a resident
IBC Shares and Share Capital Details
The IBC is a company guaranteed by shares, requiring shareholders. We offer nominee shareholders free of charge to be used on share certificates. By using nominee shareholders the identity of beneficial owners is kept private.
- A variety of types of shares may be issued. including — voting/non-voting shares, common shares, preferred shares, limited shares, redeemable shares, registered shares, bearer shares
- The standard share capital is USD 50,000 or an equivalent in another recognizable currency
Optional Meetings and Bookkeeping
- The Belize IBC is not required to file or maintain records, accounts, or financial statements. The shareholders, directors or officers may keep those if the want to
- The IBC is not required to hold annual meetings, unless they want to
Privacy and Confidentiality for Owners
- Belize has a closed registry for offshore companies; information on the Directors, Shareholder or Beneficial Owners not available to the public
- Nominee shareholder and directors services are available to provide further confidentiality and privacy
Belize Company Incorporation Process
- Same day incorporation is available
- The Memorandum and the Articles of Association are presented to the Registrar for registration, after which a certificate of incorporation will be issued in the offshore company’s name
If needed, we have a full list of Belize shelf companies (vintage included) available from CCP Inc.
IBC Administration and Maintenance
- Affordable annual renewal/maintenance fees (includes government fees, registered office and registered agent fees and nominee director or shareholder fees when applicable). We provide full maintenance services
- Annual Fees are based on the value of the share capital and the types of shares
- You do not have to travel to Belize to set up or maintain the company
- There are no other administrative requirements for Belize offshore companies
- Every IBC must have a corporate seal
Belize Offshore Company Conditions
- The offshore IBC is restricted from doing business with Belize residents or companies except for cases in which it maintains professional contact with accountants, bookkeepers, lawyers or other similar persons within Belize
- Belize companies (offshore) are not allowed to own property in Belize
- The IBC cannot carry on insurance, reinsurance or trust business unless it the offshore company is licensed to do so
Other than these restrictions, Belize companies can carry on any legal business outside the country. They may also own vessels or vessels registered in Belize.
Belize Offshore Companies Overview
The Belize International Business Companies Act was enacted in December 2000. This is the sole piece of legislation regulating the Belize IBC company. The IBC act is founded on the standard IBC protocol but also provides for generous tax savings. They do not pay any taxes on company revenue, dividends, and interest or otherwise.
We offer a nominee director and shareholder service. Nominee shareholder are available free of charge in our Belize IBC packages. A nominee officer is an agent representative whose name appears on the incorporation documents as the shareholder and/or the directors. This is an additional service, but when used, the privacy and confidentiality of the beneficial owner is increased since as the nominee directors of the company are unfamiliar not related to the actual beneficial owner.
Posted In: NEWS