Next Date. Self-Paced
This program is available as a customized program onsite (or virtually) at your organization. Contact a learning consultant for more information.
Whether you’re studying for the Project Management Professional (PMP) ® exam, learning the basics of project management, or preparing to transition into a different career, Rutgers Executive Education delivers the training and guidance you need to help you meet and exceed your goals. The Certification in Project Management program serves as a great way to build the skills to keep your projects on task, on time and on budget. This program also fulfills the required project management education hours for PMP ® certification.
In this highly interactive curriculum—delivered fully online —you will learn how to apply project management practices to achieve success. The emphasis of this program is on providing the practical skills and tools necessary so that you can begin managing projects of any scale immediately upon your return to the workplace.
1. Enjoy One-on-One Support from Experts in Project Management
This program is developed and facilitated by Project Management Professional (PMP) ® subject experts with extensive industry experience. A subject matter expert will serve as your dedicated advisor-instructor, guiding and mentoring throughout the entire program. They will provide insight into the practice of Project Management in a variety of industries and how to successfully manage your projects from start to finish.
2. Study a Robust Curriculum in Alignment with The Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK ® Guide) Fifth Edition
As a registered education provider (REP) with the Project Management Institute, Rutgers Project Management curriculum is directly tied to The Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK ® Guide) Fifth Edition . The curriculum consists of a variety of learning assets including:
- 61 hours of dynamic, state of the art e-learning (all activities including e-learning estimated at 100 hours)
- Dedicated one-on-one meetings with your Rutgers advisor-instructor
- An optional PMP ® Online Test Prep module that will help prepare you for PMI’s ® PMP ® or CAPM ® certification.
- 6 months access to the robust e-Learning Library, so you can continue learning even after your program is complete
3. Earn a Rutgers University Professional Certificate
Upon completion, you will be presented with an official Rutgers University Professional Certificate. Update your LinkedIn profile, hang your certificate on your wall and share your accomplishments with your supervisor and colleagues. Celebrate your accomplishment!
4. Get Certified!
Your professional certificate adequately prepares you to apply for PMI’s ® PMP ® or CAPM ® certification. You will satisfy the education requirement* necessary to apply for these highly sought-after certifications and benefit from extended access to the eLearning library so you can continue to refresh your knowledge before you sit for the exam.
PMI, PMBOK, PMP, CAPM and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
*Please visit the PMI® website for PMP ® credential requirements beyond the 35 hours of professional education needed to sit for the exam. http://www.pmi.org/Certification/Project-Management-Professional-PMP.aspx
This program has been approved by the New Jersey Department of Labor for workforce training grants. Funding may be available for those receiving unemployment benefits. Contact us for more information.
- This program is self-paced; you can begin your program within 1-2 business days of your online registration
- Enjoy the support of a Rutgers advisor who will provide real world case studies and experience to add to the value of your learning experience
- You will work one-on-one with your Rutgers mentor to set a flexible schedule that will allow you to incorporate your learning into your schedule and complete in a time frame that works for you.
Our certificate program is intended for both new and experienced project managers who have little formal education in project management. Our program will give you the tools, skills, theories, and techniques necessary to be successful.
- Managing Projects within Organizations
- Project Management Overview
- Project Management Process Groups
- Integrated Initiation and Planning
- Integrated Project Execution, Monitoring, and Control
- Integrated Project Change Control and Close
- Project Requirements and Defining Scope
- Create Work Breakdown Structure
- Monitoring and Controlling Project Scope
- Defining and Sequencing Project Activities
- Estimating Activity Resources and Durations
- Developing and Controlling the Project Schedule
- Estimating and Budgeting Project Costs
- Controlling Costs
- Project Quality Planning
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Planning Project Human Resources
- Managing Project Human Resources
- Stakeholders and the Communication Management Plan
- Processes for Managing Project Communications
- Risk Management Planning
- Performing Risk Analysis
- Risk Response, Monitor, and Control
- Identifying Project Risks
- Planning Project Procurement
- Managing Procurements
- The Role of Ethics in Project Management
- Core PMI® Values and Ethical Standards
- Planning and Managing Project Human Resources Simulation
- Communicating Effectively with Project Stakeholders Simulation
Rutgers Executive Education is a registered Project Management Institute (PMI) sup ® /sup Education Provider and our Certification in Project Management program provides 61 hours of e-learning education aligned with the Project Management Body of Knowledge 5th edition (PMBOK® Guide).
If you are interested in pursuing PMP® certification, our program more than satisfies PMI s® education requirement. Details about PMI s® certification and exam requirements are available at: www.pmi.org
PMI, PMBOK Guide PMP and CAPM are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Posted In: NEWS