Health Technology Management Consulting (HTMC)
Health Technology Management Consulting (HTMC) undertakes independent consulting, research, and training programs in the area of biomedical engineering, medical equipment and health care technology. HTMC is the group of professional biomedical engineers previously known as the MUCBE Consulting group at Monash University. HTMC’s capacity to undertake medical technology consulting is extensive and unique and includes all aspects of technology management including:
strategic technology planning,
evidence and cost-based analysis,
requirements analysis and acquisition,
problem and failure reporting,
testing and standards compliance,
equipment training, and
future technology horizon scanning.
Our staff has undertaken engineering research and consulting projects for both Government and industry, and in doing so is able to draw on the extensive expertise and its contacts with the biomedical engineering profession.
Our staff has been undertaking medical equipment audits in Victoria and Western Australia and other equipment review services in New South Wales, ACT and Tasmania, in both individual health services and across state public health sectors on a continual basis since 1998.
- Medical Equipment Inventory Status Report Equipment Update for the WA Department of Health, 2007
- Review of Capital Equipment Funding Strategy for WA Public Hospitals, 2004
- Provision of Consulting Services to Establish a Major Clinical Equipment Inventory Assist with the Prioritisation of Equipment Replacement to WA Department of Health, 2005
- Review of Medical Equipment Replacement Requirements in Metropolitan and Major Regional Health Services across Victoria Using a Consistent Prioritisation Methodology, 2005 (Stage 1)
- Independent Review of Medical Equipment Replacement Requirements, 2006 (Stage 2)
- Review of Capital Equipment Funding Strategy for Victorian Public Hospitals, 2001
- Sub-acute Ambulatory Care Services (SACS) equipment review, prioritisation, purchasing and future replacement costing DHS, 2007
- Aids and Equipment Program Maintenance and Monitoring Review Practices within Victoria, 2005
- Benchmark device data for NSW Health administration of Artificial Limb Service
- Capital Equipment Status Report and 3 Year Replacement and Acquisition Plan for Barwon Health, 2002
- Capital Equipment Status Report and 5 Year Replacement and Acquisition Plan for Eastern Health, 2004
- Capital Equipment Status Report and 5 Year Replacement and Acquisition Plan for Bayside Health, 2007
These projects give the HTMC team unparalleled experience in medical equipment audits, replacement planning and procurement which will enable us to satisfactorily complete your project on time.
Professional Consultancy Services Medical and Rehabilitation Technology
- Survey, evaluation auditing programs
- Asset evaluation
- Problem investigation
- Incident reports
- Risk management programs
- Business planning
- Feasibility studies
- Technical reports
- Legal expert advice
- Victorian Department of Human Services
- NSW Health
- Department of Health, WA
- ACT Health
- WA Accident Insurance Commission
- Tasmania DHHS
- Australian College of Legal Medicine
- Barwon Health
- Victorian Healthcare Association (VHA)
- Eastern Health
- Michael Cashman and Associates
- Bayside Health
- Sinclair Knight Merz
- C.R. Kennedy and Associates
- Commonwealth Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organisation (NEDO), Japan
HTMC offers a service that has:
A commitment to high professional standards of work.
Access to a strong and diverse skill base within our consultancy team.
An in-depth understanding of health care technology, both in terms of emerging technology and its application in the health care industry.
An understanding of the management of the entire life cycle of equipment from procurement to decommissioning.
Posted In: NEWS