International Travel – Southwest Airlines #travel #center

#international air travel

International Travel

All passengers (including U.S. citizens and children, regardless of age) must have a valid passport book in order to travel to and from the United States. Passports that are damaged, including passports with bite marks; torn, missing, or separated pages; water damage, holes and other damages rendering text illegible or photos distorted, are not valid and will not be accepted. Passport cards are not an approved form of identification and will not be accepted. Learn more about document requirements for international air travelers at or .

Minors under the age of 18 are not permitted to fly unaccompanied on international flights or any itinerary that includes an international flight. If a minor is traveling with an adult over the age of 18, they must be listed on the same flight itinerary.

  • Children, regardless of age, must have a valid passport book in order to travel.
  • Depending on the Customer s circumstances and travel itinerary, additional travel document requirements may be imposed by the originating and/or destination country.
  • Many governments have initiated procedures at entry and exit points, which may include requiring documentary evidence of relationship and permission for the child s travel from the non-traveling parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s).
  • In the case of a child traveling without both legal parents or guardians, Customers must follow the guidelines provided by the country of destination.

For more information on specific requirements by country, click the country below:

  • Visitors to Aruba may be asked to show onward/return tickets, proof of sufficient funds, and proof of lodging accommodations for their stay.
  • Additional documentation may be required for minors traveling to the Bahamas.
  • Recent laws have changed regarding minors traveling out of Mexico. Please familiarize yourself with these rulings .
  • Copies of both parents /legal guardians identifications are recommended.
  • The minor s original birth certificate or a certified copy of the birth certificate is recommended.
  • In the case of a minor traveling with a group, the group leader must hold a Letter of Invitation from the organization that the group will be visiting in Jamaica that states the duration of the stay (not applicable to Jamaican Nationals.)

All alien non-resident visitors to the U.S. must list their U.S. destination address when entering the country. Learn more about U.S. entry and exit requirements for non-U.S. citizens at the Dept of Homeland Security s website under Travel Security Procedures.

Documentation Requirements for International Travel

Use this search form to get details regarding the documentation requirements and health information pertaining to your specific travel situation.

More Resources

U.S. Department of State provides country-specific information for U.S. citizens traveling abroad and foreign citizens traveling to the U.S. Topics include documentation requirements, tips for safe and healthy travel, and embassy contact information.

U.S. Department of Homeland Security invites international travelers to view multilingual videos and download brochures detailing U.S. entry/exit requirements for non-U.S. citizens. Visit their site to learn about the US-VISIT Program, machine-readable passports, and biometric enhancements.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) provides country-specific information for international travelers on immunizations, disease risks, and tips for staying healthy. The World Health Organization offers guidance on travel-related health risks and precautions.

Leave a Reply


Posted In: NEWS

Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Comment