Occupational Business Licensing
Electronic Lien Title
Participation in Nevada’s Electronic Lien Title (ELT) system is mandatory as of July 1, 2017. Dealers are required to place a lender’s ELT number on the EDRS and title paperwork. The DMV will no longer process non-ELT titles as of September 1, 2017.
Any business that finances vehicles must become an ELT lender. See Electronic Lien and Title.
- Report of Sale Extension Request (OBL 275)
An Occupational/Business Licensing Technician may approve the first and second request for an extension of time on a Dealers Report of Sale. A request for a third extension must be referred to a Compliance Enforcement Investigator for approval. Please allow additional time for a third approval response.
- Canceled Sale Disclosure Form (OBL 315) – Legal Size
To notify buyers of new terms offered after a sale is canceled.
- Authorization to Release Title (VP 257)
- Application for Temporary Location License (OBL 261)
- Business License Plate Application (OBL 239)
- Lost License Plate and Registration Certificate Affidavit (OBL 238)
- Letter of Authorization (OBL 276)
Authorizes specific employees to pick up license plates, decals, titles or DMV supplies.
- Application for Private Bidder Identification Card (OBL 250) | Information (OBL 257)
To authorize private individuals to purchase salvage vehicles.
- Private Bidder Sale Report (OBL 258) – Legal Size
Excel spreadsheet for salvage pools to report sales to private parties.
- Consignment Auction Emission Exception (EC 38)
For auctions to notify the buyer that he or she is responsible for an emission inspection.
- Application for Expedited Processing/Shipping of Nevada Title (VP 265)
To expedite title processing and/or shipping for additional fee(s). All Nevada titles are issued by mail from Carson City.
- Electronic Lienholder Reassignment Affidavit (VP 268)
Assigns lienhollder rights on electronic titles.
Salesperson Licensing Top ↑
License Surrender. When a salesperson is terminated, the dealer must surrender that person’s license to the DMV within 10 days.
Chapter 482 – Motor Vehicles and Trailers: Licensing, Registration, Sales and Leases
Posted In: NEWS