Online Associate of Science in Information Technology
Organizations today rely on computer and information technology to conduct business and operate more efficiently. Information technology projects generally include employees who have an understanding of business concepts, the requirements of end users and stakeholders, and a comprehension of the technologies needed to address these requirements.
The Associate of Science in Information Technology (ASIT) program prepares students for entry-level careers in information technology. A high school diploma or GED is required for admission to the program. The program provides the foundation for students seeking to acquire the necessary IT knowledge, skills, and credentials for a successful IT career path. Upon passing the CompTIA* certification exams, a student receives the CompTIA* certification in the area tested.
The ASIT program equips learners with fundamental technical skills coupled with workforce-ready knowledge that makes this degree valuable. Upon successful completion of the program, students will have acquired the knowledge and skills to:
- Discuss the working foundation of technologies needed in order to effectively use information technology for different types of applications.
- Evaluate computer systems and perform preventive maintenance and implement basic networking, installation, and troubleshooting.
- Apply knowledge in managing, operating, and configuring network infrastructure.
- Develop and sharpen IT skills including how to deal with cryptography, IT assessments and IT audits.
- Compare and contrast IT issues by using problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Troubleshoot IRQ conflicts and other computer resource problems.
- Successfully complete the certification exams offered by CompTIA* in A+, Security+, and Network+.
* CompTIA is the voice of the world s information technology (IT) industry. As a non-profit trade association advancing the global interests of IT professionals and companies. It focuses its programs on four main areas: education, certification, advocacy and philanthropy. CompTIA is the leading provider of technology-neutral and vendor-neutral IT certifications. These certifications include A+, Network+ and Security+.
Program Plan for Associate of Science in Information Technology
Posted In: NEWS