Physician Assistant Studies, M.S.
NYIT’s career-focused, ARC-PA accredited program provides you with a strong foundation in science, medicine, research, and transcultural patient care as you build your professional network and prepare for the Physician Assistant National Certification Examination.
Our dedicated faculty will teach you to diagnose and treat diseases, conduct physical exams, develop treatment plans, assist in surgery, prescribe medication, and interpret test results while mentoring you to become life-long learners and blending high-tech lab study and clinical rotations at top health care facilities. Our Certificate in Global Health. offered by NYIT’s Center for Global Health, also provides opportunities for you to participate in outreach programs in various parts of the world.
In the master’s program, you will:
- Work with patient-actors who simulate a variety of ailments and assess your performance to provide valuable feedback as you learn the art and science of patient care.
- Get hands-on training in our high-fidelity simulation labs, where faculty members program advanced robots suffering from injuries or disease.
- Receive expert anatomy instruction and dissection guidance from our experienced PA faculty.
- Participate in 48 weeks of clinical rotations at world-class health care facilities.
- Develop a transcultural approach to patient care so you’ll be able to treat patients with myriad cultural, ethnic, and religious backgrounds.
- Work with students in NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM) and NYIT physical therapy, occupational therapy, and nursing students as part of an integrated, interprofessional medical team.
- Complete a research project with a team of peers and published PA faculty have the opportunity to present at major conferences or submit work to peer-reviewed journals.
Find out more about our PA Program Accreditation
Who We Are
Posted In: NEWS