40 Dimock Street
Roxbury MA 02119
We assist individuals of all disabilities to go to work. If you are unemployed or underemployed, you may be able to benefit from vocational services. All VR consumers must reside in Massachusetts and be eligible to work in the United States. This Area Office serves the following communities: Hyde Park, Dorchester, Roxbury, Mattapan and the South End of Boston.
To Make a Referral
Any individual with a disability can inquire about obtaining services. Friends, relatives, and health care providers can also refer an individual to MRC. Our services are designed to assist individuals with disabilities to make informed choices about work. We have two easy ways you can start this process.
- Call (617)-442-5510 and ask to speak to the Counselor on Duty (COD). You will be asked to furnish your name, address, phone number, date of birth, social security number and the nature of the disability. You may also be asked some brief questions about how your ability to work has been affected. An appointment will then be made to attend an in-office orientation.
- Come to our office in person between the hours of9:00 a.m.and 5:00 p.m. Ask to speak with the Counselor on Duty (COD).
Orientations are held weekly at the Roxbury Office on Thursdays at 9:30 a.m. The group orientation will provide basic information on the general services the agency can provide a person with a disability in their efforts to return to work. Upon completion of the orientation session, each person will be assigned to a vocational-rehabilitation counselor for personalized services.
If a person cannot attend the regularly scheduled orientation, an individual meeting will be arranged with a vocational-rehabilitation counselor.
- Jo Davis, Area Director
- Cate Doucette, Unit Supervisor
- Kobina Adeniji
- Jill Amicangelo
- Kelly Carter
- Carlos Colon (Hispanic Unit)
- Luz Cintron
- Cassandra Jean-Louis (Haitian Unit)
- Wilfrid Joly
- Jessica Low
- Kevin Mahony
- Brynell Francis-Smikle
- Jesus Mendez (Hispanic Unit)
- Linda Wiggins, Head Clerk
- Michele Slade-Moore, Bookeeper
- Anna Deshommes
Directions to Our Office
The Roxbury Area Office is located in the same complex that houses the Dimock Community Health Center in Roxbury. Our address is 40 Dimock Street. The office is on the 3rd floor of the Zakrzewska Building directly across from the Dimock Detox.
- From Hyde Park/Roslindale: Take Hyde Park Ave or Washington St. to the Forest Hills station. (From Washington St. turn right at Ukraine Way and then left onto Hyde Park Avenue). Forest Hills Station should be on your left. Hyde Park Ave. turns into Washington Street after the Forest Hills Station. Follow Washington Street until Columbus Avenue (Approx 1 _ miles). This is Eggleston Square. Bear left onto Columbus Avenue. Follow Columbus approximately 1/3 mile until you come to Dimock Street. Turn right into the health center complex. Park in one of the lots or on the street.
From the South End: Get onto Tremont Street heading towards Forest Hills. Tremont Street will turn into Columbus Avenue at Roxbury Crossing. Continue straight on Columbus through Jackson Square. The first light after Jackson Square is Dimock Street. Turn left into the health center complex. Park in one of the lots or on the street.
- From Forest Hills: Take the #42 bus. Get off at Dimock Street (Corner of Dimock and Washington Sts.) Walk up Dimock Street to #40. OR Take the Orange Line to Jackson Square. Turn left out of the station and walk to Columbus Avenue. Turn right and walk to Dimock Street (Approximately 1 block – the next stop light). Turn left on Dimock into the health center complex and go to #40.