The Early Childhood Center (ECC), located on the beautiful campus of Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (SIUE), provides full-day, year round early childhood care and education for the children of students, faculty, staff, and others in the University community, ages two through five.
What Sets Us Apart from the Competition:
- Staffed with highly qualified, experienced educators. All of our teachers have at least a bachelor’s degree (most have a Master s) in Early Childhood Education. We have very little teacher turnover. Average employment time at the center is over 20 years.
- We have small group sizes and low teacher/child ratios; which allows for staff to plan and provide a high quality program.
- Our on-going commitment to supporting children s connection to nature, through use of our outdoor spaces which allows children to interact with gardens and woodlands in a nature based outdoor environment.
- Our partnerships with the School of Education Health and Human Behavior programs:
- Early Childhood Program- ECE faculty provide the center with support and consultation. The Center serves as a model placement for Early Childhood Education candidates.
- Exercise Science program- Helps children build a strong foundation in health and wellness through twice weekly gross motor activities.
- We have lots of enrichment activities including; Kindermusik, storytelling, visits to campus recreation and the SIUE STEM Center, and much more at no extra charge.
We invite you to visit us any morning so we can introduce you to our center!
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville is authorized to operate as a postsecondary educational institution by the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
- Current Students
- Faculty Staff
- Business Partners