Management Human Resources
Human resources management gets more complex all the time. But there’s a simple way to get ahead in the HR profession: Earn a competency-based Bachelor of Science in Business (Management of Human Resources) from Excelsior College.
Built around current trends in human resources, this competency-based education (CBE) program at Excelsior allows you to earn your BS in Business through a personalized program of study that combines course-based learning, independent study, and earned external credits.
- Course-based learning refers to Excelsior’s 8 or 15-week online courses in business, human resources, and other subjects that are directly informed by current trends in workforce development.
- Independent study options help you pursue self-paced learning with study guides and practice tests before earning credit by exam. You can also simply test out of subjects you’ve already mastered.
- Earned external credits are accrued through coursework completed at other institutions, military experience, college-level exams like CLEP and DSST, learning assessment, and workforce training and professional certifications completed before and/or during your enrollment.
Developed for career-oriented working adults, Excelsior’s business degree with human resources management concentration ends with a unique capstone that lets you demonstrate what you’ve learned through projects, simulations, and a summative exam.
Equivalent to a traditional business degree, this program gives you greater flexibility and efficiency through generous credit policies, while affordable tuition and low student fees keep your costs to a minimum .
- Take flexible, online HR management classes that fit your schedule.
- Transfer maximum credit for prior coursework from accredited colleges.
- Get academic credit for professional training, military service, and experience.
- Access financial aid, flexible payment plans, and other assistance that makes college more affordable.
- Enjoy affordable tuition and fees. Find out how Excelsior will help you keep your costs to a minimum.
An Online Business Degree with On-Campus Quality
Excelsior developed its HR management classes with direct input from industry professionals. Our courses in the online bachelor’s in business concentrating in HR management program are led by faculty from top colleges across America, and we revise course materials regularly to reflect the most up-to-date HR management issues and trends. You’ll gain knowledge and skills that translate directly to the workplace, with expertise in:
- Labor relations
- Organizational behavior
- Personnel administration
- Cultural diversity
- Labor law
- Business communications
Excelsior’s BS in Business degree holds accreditation from the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education.
As an Excelsior College baccalaureate-level business graduate you will be able to:
- Apply general and discipline specific concepts and methodologies to identify, analyze and solve business problems.
- Demonstrate an individual desire and commitment to remain current with and adaptive to changing business conditions through continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Demonstrate independent thinking, function effectively in team-oriented settings, and maintain a high level of performance in a professional business environment.
- Communicate effectively in a professional business environment.
- Perform ethically and professionally in business and society.
- Attain increasing levels of responsibility and leadership in one’s chosen career field.
We expect that as an Excelsior College baccalaureate business graduate you will be able to:
- Demonstrate comprehension of the principles of accounting, marketing, finance, management and economics.
- Demonstrate comprehension of the legal and social environment of business.
- Demonstrate comprehension of the global environment of business.
- Apply ethical considerations to the obligations and responsibilities of business.
- Apply business tools to real-world situations.
- Employ information literacy techniques.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Apply business concepts and functions in an integrated manner.
120 credits required. 60 in the arts and sciences, 54 in the business component (to include a minimum of 21 at the upper level of which 9 must be in the concentration), and 6 in the additional credit component (to include the 1-credit Information Literacy requirement).
Courses classified as upper level must be junior-senior level (300 – 400) and can be classified as a business core, concentration, and/or business elective course
See the credit requirements in chart form :
Excelsior College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), 11374 Strang Line Rd. Lenexa, KS 66215; 913-631-3009; www.iacbe.org. The IACBE is a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE: Bachelor of Science in Accounting (NYS CPA track) and Bachelor of Science in Business.
IACBE Specialized Accreditation
Excelsior College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), 11374 Strang Line Rd. Lenexa, KS 66215; 913-631-3009; www.iacbe.org . The IACBE is a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE: Bachelor of Science in Business and Master of Business Administration.
The Bachelor of Science in Business (Management of Human Resources) is aligned with the standards of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) .
Associate and Bachelor’s Programs FAQ
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, NY 12203-5159
Washington DC Center
2000 M Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
Posted In: NEWS
Tags: Accredited, Affordable, associate, bachelor, bachelors, Business, by, Certificates, classes, College, Credit, credits, degree, Distance, Earn, exam, excelsior, Get, human, learning, Management, Master, online, Programs, Resources, Transfer