Injuries to Minors & Children
Legal Representation for Accident Victims in Baltimore
A parent s worst nightmare is seeing his or her child suffer a devastating injury and deal with the pain as well as a long healing process. Unfortunately, many children are the victims of other people s carelessness, which can result in severe harm. At Lebowitz Mzhen, LLC, our attorneys have over 20 years of experience representing minors and their families in personal injury cases throughout the Baltimore area. We understand how difficult these situations can be for both the parents and their child. Our attorneys can provide compassionate and competent legal guidance at each step of the process and vigorously advocate for your needs and goals.
Pursuing Compensation for Your Child
Children can sustain injuries in a variety of accidents, including car crashes, truck wrecks, boating accidents, dog bites, and medical malpractice. In any of these situations, the plaintiff must prove that the defendant acted negligently and that the defendant s negligent conduct was the direct cause of the victim s harm. Typically, an injured child is represented by a guardian ad litem, which in most circumstances is the minor s parent.
In a negligence action involving a child, the plaintiff must show that the defendant owed the minor a duty of care and that the defendant failed to act according to that standard of care. The duty of care is informed by the particular circumstances in which the accident occurs, and it generally requires each of us to act with the ordinary care and skill that a reasonably prudent person would use in the same or similar circumstances. For example, in the context of a motor vehicle accident, a driver is required to operate his or her vehicle with the same ordinary care and skill that a reasonable motorist would use in the same situation, taking into account any current road or weather conditions.
If a guardian or parent establishes negligence, the child likely will be entitled to damages to compensate him or her for the injuries sustained. Children also can often recover compensation for the pain and suffering they experience as a result of the harm. The parents may seek further compensation for the medical expenses they incur as a result of their child s injuries. When the injuries involved are severe, many parents have no choice but to take on substantial debt in order to ensure that their child has the proper medical care that they need. A negligent defendant may be required to compensate the parents for these expenses and to provide compensation for any future medical care that the injured minor may require.
Unfortunately, sometimes another person s carelessness or recklessness can lead to the tragic loss of a child. When this happens, the parents may bring a claim for wrongful death and seek compensation for the loss of their child s companionship, affection, and love.
Consult a Maryland Attorney to Discuss Your Injury Claim
The last thing that you need to worry about while caring for an injured child or coping with a devastating loss is going through the legal process alone. At Lebowitz Mzhen, LLC, you can place your trust in our experienced personal injury and wrongful death lawyers. We have represented numerous children and their parents throughout Maryland and in Washington, D.C. We offer a free, no-obligation initial consultation, so there is no risk in talking with us about your potential case. Call us now at 1-800-654-1949 or contact us online today to get started.
- Baltimore Boy Awarded Over $2 Million in Lead-Exposure Case Earlier this month in a Maryland court, a 17-year-old Baltimore boy was awarded over $2 million by a jury after a case involving lead exposure.
- Maryland Supreme Court Decision Clarifies Landowner’s Duty in Accidental Drowning Case In 2010, a young three-year old boy died when he climbed through a gate and into a swimming pool in his parents’ apartment complex. The family of the
- Investigation Finds Abuse, Neglect of Special-Needs Children in Nursing Homes A federal investigation of nursing homes caring for children with disabilities led to a lawsuit against the Florida state government, with the U.S.
- Trampoline Park’s Contract Mandating Arbitration Found to Be Unenforceable Earlier this month, one state’s supreme court issued a written opinion summarily affirming a lower court’s decision that the contract the defendant
- New Report Finds over 60 Virginia Children Have Died in Daycare Facilities Since 2004, Lack of Oversight Blamed Earlier last month, a Washington Post article was released, summarizing the data that researchers had accrued regarding the safety of daycare
- New Federal Regulations Will Require Backup Cameras in All Motor Vehicles Within Four Years The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recently issued a new regulation that will require all vehicles under 10,000 pounds to have
9 Park Center Ct #220
Owings Mills. MD 21117
Toll Free: 800-654-1949 Phone: 410-654-3600 Fax: 410-654-3601
111 S Calvert St #2700
Baltimore. MD 21202
Toll Free: 800-654-1949
1700 Rockville Pike #400
Rockville. MD 20852
Toll Free: 800-654-1949 Phone: 301-998-6100 Fax: 410-654-3601
1300 Pennsylvania Ave NW #700
Washington. DC 20004
Toll Free: 800 654-1949
While all of the cases identified in the Lebowitz & Mzhen, LLC website under Our Successes are cases that Lebowitz & Mzhen, LLC has handled for its clients, Lebowitz & Mzhen, LLC does not represent any of the clients in cases mentioned in our blog. Our law firm is reporting on current events that will likely be of interest to our readers. The content provided is not intended as legal advice.
Our past results are not a guarantee of future results, and they should not be used to predict an outcome in any future case or matter. The merits of each case must be determined based upon the facts and the applicable law of each particular case. Lebowitz & Mzhen, LLC is a law firm with lawyers licensed to practice law in the State of Maryland, and a lawyer licensed to practice law in Washington, D.C.
We serve the following localities: Washington DC; Baltimore; Anne Arundel County including Annapolis and Glen Burnie; Prince George’s County including Upper Marlboro, Hyattsville, and Bowie; Carroll County including Westminster and Eldersburg; and Montgomery County including Rockville, Germantown, and Bethesda.
Injuries to Minors & Children. Maryland Child Injury Attorney Lebowitz & Mzhen
Posted In: NEWS
(800), 654-1949, consultation, Free, lebowitz
Leave a Comment