- Gasoline, oil, grease
- Wood, paper, cloth
- Metal, Dry leaves, Tree branches
- Electrical equipment, House hold garbage
Class B/C: Flammable liquid and gas
These are fires whose fuel is flammable or combustible liquid or gas. The US system designates all such fires Class B .
In the European/Australian system, flammable liquids are designated Class B , while burning gases are separately designated Class C .
These fires follow the same basic fire tetrahedron (heat, fuel, oxygen, chemical reaction) as ordinary combustible fires, except that the fuel in question is a flammable liquid such as gasoline, or gas such as natural gas.
A solid stream of water should never be used to extinguish this type because it can cause the fuel to scatter, spreading the flames.
The most effective way to extinguish a liquid or gas fueled fire is by inhibiting the chemical chain reaction of the fire, which is done by dry chemical and Halon extinguishing agents, although smothering with CO2 or, for liquids, foam is also effective.
Halon has fallen out of favor in recent times because it is an ozone-depleting material; the Montreal Protocol declares that Halon should no longer be used. Chemicals such as FM-200 are now the recommended halogenated suppressant.
Question 2 of 10
After the detention of a person, a security guard can lawfully search the person under the following scenarios?
- When there is a perceived or actual element of danger, or when the search is directly linked to the reason for the arrest/detention.
- When the security guard has probable or reasonable grounds to believe that the person has a concealed weapon.
- When the search is expected to produce evidence to a criminal offence.
- A security guard can never conduct a thorough search of a person under any circumstance.
Question 3 of 10
What is a fire triangle?
- A triangular illustration of the three elements a fire needs to ignite: heat, fuel, and an oxidizing agent (usually oxygen)
- A triangular shaped area in the forest which is marked by the fire marshals as a possible area where wild fires can occur
- A triangle shaped building which is highly prone to fire
- A traffic signal used to mark the locations in highways where fires can occur
Question 4 of 10
While on patrol in a shopping mall you come across a disabled person having problems with their wheelchair. What will you do?
- Help the person with the needed assistance
- Since the person is obstructing the free flow of mall traffic, move the wheel chair to the side
- Call the police since they are better equipped to handle this kind of situations
- Recommend a better brand of wheel chair which will have less problems
Question 5 of 10
As a Security guard what is the purpose for Patrol?
- Foot patrol is often a major part of a security guard s duties. It will help to discover suspicious activities or situations and will help to prevent them.
- Petrol (gasoline) is an essential item to be stored and made available as and when needed. Otherwise in emergency situations you can run out of gas
- Petrol (gasoline) is a highly combustible liquid. As a security guard one should watch out for criminals planning attacks using petroleum products
- When securing isolated locations, if a security guard is in danger, petrol can be used to create a signalling fire to call for help from the police
Question 6 of 10
In order to maintain a good working relationship with the local law enforcement, you should:
- All the other three answers are correct
- Never play “cop.”
- Once the local law enforcement is present, you must obey their directions.
- Cooperate with local law enforcement.
Question 7 of 10
You are standing security guard/proprietary private security officer inside a department store and you observe two men coming out of a bar across the street. They start to fight. you should:
- Call the police if you can remain at your post.
- Go over and try to break up the fight.
- Make an announcement over the store s public address system to warn the customers
- Call and gather up all other security staff in the store as a show of strength
Question 8 of 10
As a security guard, what do you understand about the term Piggybacking ?
- Piggybacking refers to when an unathorized person tags along with an authorized person to gain entry into a restricted area
- Holding the door open for women and invalid persons
- Riding on the shoulders of another person in shopping malls, which can cause body injury or property damage
- A practice used by truckers to smuggle contraband products along with live animals
Question 9 of 10
While you are on your patrol, you come across an injured person. He refuses your offer to help even after you assure him that you are trained in first aid. What is your best course of action under this situation?
- Call 911 to request for an ambulance and medical help and wait until the help arrives
- Provide the medical care without the consent of the person
- Since the person refused your help, just note down the incident on your incident report, and indicate that you offered to assist the person
- Call 911 to report the incident and then go back to your station
Question 10 of 10
The primary role of a security guard/proprietary private security officer should be to ________?
- Protect people and property.
- Enforce the law.
- Act like a peace officer.
- Arrest law breakers.
How will a security guard stop unauthorised visitors to enter the gate
On the Security Officer s hiring test, there are several questions as to what you like to do during your time off. The answers include fishing and reading . Are either of these the correct response? What are they looking for in the answer?
Mark, thanks for commenting.
Since I don t know which US state for which you took the exam, I have to make a lot of assumptions here.
I also don t know what other answer choices were there in the examination.
Since you gave only two choices, I would say Fishing can be a better answer compared to Reading .
The reason for my choice is that Fishing involves patience, observing and waiting. Most of the Security Guard / Security Officer positions require that you wait at your post, observing people and things.
As you already know, the most important responsibility of a security guard or officer is to observe and report, while waiting or watching at their station to provide a visual deterrent so as to protect people and property.
So, all in all, given the choices of Fishing and Reading I would say Fishing is a better choice.
Thank you for visiting. If you have a question or comment, please feel free to write to us Cancel reply
Posted In: NEWS
and, answers:, booking, Download, exam, Guard, Guide, license, officer, online, practice, preparation, Questions, quiz, Sample, Security, sheriff, Test
Leave a Comment