Are you part of a highly regulated organization looking for strong security for Apple iPad, iPhone, Mac, Android tablets or smartphones with chip and PIN smart card two-factor authentication (2FA) and encryption?
Derived credentials? Identity and access management (IAM), information assurance (IA), non-repudiation and data loss prevention (DLP)? Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)? Standards compliance including CAC, PIV, PIV-I. NET (dot net), X509, FIPS 140-2, FIPS 201-1, FIPS 201-2 (draft), HSPD-12, OMB-11-11, PCI DSS, SOX, HIPAA or HITECH?
Built-in strong resistance to identity fraud, tampering, counterfeiting and exploitation that are absent in legacy, weak and consumer grade technologies such as passwords, soft tokens, over the air (OTA) pass codes, profiles, or fencing?
For specific product details, please refer to our product descriptions
Experience in strong security with smart cards
Thursby has been delivering enterprise integration, management and security for over a quarter century, with strong security at the world’s largest user of PKI, secure web and email, the Department of Defense. over the past decade. Thursby were invited by Apple to harden Mac OS X for use by the US Army worldwide in the mid 2000s, extending Common Access Card (CAC) and Personal Identity Verification (PIV) support across the US Government for government furnished equipment (GFE) workstations and laptops, as well as home and remote users and/or their personal devices. The same technology was introduced for the iPad, iPhone and iOS in 2011, now live for tens of thousands of productions users, and is coming to Android in early 2014, reflecting the growth in secure enterprise usage of these new mobile platforms. A core appeal of Thursby’s products to organizations is the ability to deliver simple and direct client-side connectivity with existing server or cloud infrastructure and processes, eliminating the costs and complexities of any new server or cloud solution.
Usage of smart cards is by no means limited to the five million employees of the US government. Worldwide, over fifty government IDs (so called eID) are themselves smart cards, almost one third of large corporations issue smart card IDs to their employees. Over two hundred million healthcare cards and over one point six billion financial smart cards have been issued. The latest generations of US credit cards are chip and PIN cards, following the EMV (Europay, MasterCard and Visa) standard to avoid magnetic stripe, “card not present” (CNP) and other classes of fraud.
- PKard Reader ”allows access to OWA with the same capability [iPad and iPhone] as is available from PCs”
- PKard for Mac “an all-in-one wonder”
- ADmitMac PKI “the best choice, easiest to implement … Macs are treated just like PCs [with Active Directory and smart card security]”
Better architecture builds in lower TCO
- Simple – client-based for simple testing, deployment and maintenance, avoiding the costs, integration issues, security, uptime, resilience and scalability challenges of proprietary new server, cloud or NOC back-ends
- Transparent – leverages standard Microsoft, Apple or Android tools, infrastructure, processes and training for reduced costs, risk and time-lines, with no “lock-in” to proprietary new back-ends
- Complete – everything included, end-to-end, so no hidden costs and fees, missing features, or required on-site “services” and backed by U.S. engineering and support specialists
Site licenses and volume discounts are offered
Thursby is an American company celebrating nearly three decades of enterprise iPad, iPhone and Mac integration, management and security specialization. Historically, integration was with Microsoft-focused server infrastructure, and more recently cloud and Android. Thursby is headquartered in Arlington, TX, a suburb of Dallas-Fort Worth, with over 80,000 clients in over 140 countries and well over a million software licenses sold. Clients include organizations with hundreds to thousands of devices under management, ranging from government, to healthcare, finance and enterprise, to education and research, including the FORTUNE 500™, Global 2000 and OEMs. Partners include Apple, Microsoft, Juniper, Samsung and others.
Posted In: NEWS