The national railway company of Italy is known as the Trenitalia. Italy has over 16,000 km of railway network. Train tickets for trains operating in Italy can be booked in advance. International trains connect Italy with neighbouring countries such as France and Switzerland. Book train tickets to visit main cities of Italy by train. Italian cities including Rome, Venice and Milan are all served by trains.
Use Italy’s train network to travel from Rome’s Empire-era monuments to Florence’s Renaissance art and architecture. Wander aimlessly around Venice’s romantic canals, board the train to Italy’s style capital, Milan, or travel south to pizza capital Naples.
Drive through Tuscany’s rolling olive grove-dotted hillsides, or photograph water buffalo on Campania’s flat plains. Dine in cliff-side Positano overlooking the Amalfi Coast, swim in the turquoise waters of Sardinia’s Costa Smeralda, or tour Sicily’s ancient Greek theatres. Ski in the northern Dolomites, or visit tranquil Lake Como.
Buy designer labels in Milan, hand-blown Murano glass in Venice, and painted ceramics in Tuscany and Umbria. Take home red Brunello wine from Montalcino in Tuscany, sparkling Prosecco from the Veneto and Parmesan and olive oil from local delis.
Sample Sardinia’s seafood risotto and Tuscan steak, bistecca alla fiorentina. Northern specialities include truffles and porcini mushrooms – in the South, try buffalo mozzarella, fiori di zucchini (deep-fried courgette) and melanzane alla parmigiana (baked aubergines in tomato and Parmesan).
Watch the sun set on the train ride to Italy’s picture-postcard Cinque Terre region in northwestern Liguria where traditional villages cling to an old way of life.
Rail Pass benefits in Italy
- Free transfer is available on the Leonardo Express between Fiumicino Airport and Roma Termini train station for 1st class passholders only. Please note that this transfer requires the use of one day of travel on the pass.
- From Rome Fiumicino Airport on high speed train to/from Florence/Bologna/Padova/Venice.
- Free transportation on the ÖBB Intercitybus (1st and 2nd class) between Klagenfurt/Villach-Venezia Mestre Venezia Tronchetto if the Eurail pass is valid in both Austria and Italy. Reservations are required and can be made locally.
- Discounted fares on Thello international night and day trains between France and Italy if your pass is valid in France and/or Italy.
- Milano-Pavia-Voghera-Genova-Savona-Finale Ligure-Albenga-Alassaio Diano-Marina-Imperia-San Remo-Ventimiglia-Menton-Monaco-Nice-Antibes-Cannes-St Raphael-Les Arcs-Toulon-Marseille
- Attica Group/Operated by Superfast Ferries for International routes offers free air seats/dormitories for 1st class pass holders, free deck passage for 2nd class pass holders with a pass valid in Greece AND Italy. Bari-Corfu/Igoumenitsa/Patras and Ancona/Venice – Igoumenitsa/Patras. High season surcharge and port taxes may apply.
- 20% reduction on the Official Fares and 10% reduction on accommodation supplements for Pullman seats, berths or on crossings operated by Grimaldi Ferries on the following routes: Barcelona-Civitavecchia, Barcelona-Livorno, Barcelona-Porto Torres (Sardinia), Brindisi-Igoumenitsa and Patras, Civitavecchia / Porto Torres/Trapani, Livorno-Barcelona, Igoumenitsa/Patras-Ravenna, Salerno/Palermo. Seasonal surcharges and/or port taxes may apply.
- Minoan Lines International Free air-type seats for 1st class pass holders, free deck passage for 2nd class pass holders with a pass valid in Greece AND Italy. Patras/Igoumenitsa-Ancona/Ravenna/Trieste. Seasonal surcharges and/or port taxes may apply.
Free Hot Fudge Sundae when you order any main course. Free gift in Rock Shop for all purchase over € 25. Hard Rock Cafe, Florence, Via Brunelleschi 1, Rome, Via V. Veneto 62a, Venice, Bacino Orseolo and the Rock Shop at Rialto Bridge.
Go for our best-selling rail passes Italy
- Eurail One Country Pass
Unlimited travel in one country which is part of the Eurail offer.
Unlimited travel in Italy.
Unlimited travel in Austria and Italy
Unlimited travel in Italy, Croatia and Slovenia.
Unlimited travel in France and Italy.
Unlimited travel in Greece and Italy.
Unlimited travel in Italy and Spain.
Unlimited travel in Italy and Switzerland
Unlimited travel in 2 bordering countries.
Unlimited travel in Germany, Austria and Italy
Unlimited travel in Germany, Switzerland and Italy
Unlimited travel in 3 bordering countries.
Unlimited travel in Austria, Switzerland, Germany and Italy Pass
Unlimited travel in France, Spain and Italy
Unlimited travel in Switzerland, Germany, France and Italy
Unlimited travel in Switzerland, Spain, France and Italy
Unlimited travel in 4 bordering countries.
Unlimited travel in 28 countries
Our train tickets in Italy
- Italian trains: Frecciarossa
Paris-Turin or Milan-Lyon
Milan-Geneva or Milan-Zurich
Top cities in Italy
Ancona, discover and rest! On the Adriatic (. )
Arezzo, an Italian city located in Tuscany (. )
Assisi, beauty is at every corner In the (. )
Bari, the capital of the Italian region of (. )
Bergamo, an Italian masterpiece Bergamo is a (. )
In Bologna , let yourself be surprised (. )
Cagliari, the most important city of Sardinia (. )
Como, just a delightful place to stay in (. )
Domodossola, an ancient Roman province (. )
Top stations in Italy
Airports in Italy
Very Comfortable train, with very high speed e excelent services
Posted In: NEWS