Newmont Ghana Recruiting 2 Positions
Newmont Ghana Gold Limited a subsidiary of Newmont Mining Corporation, one of the World s largest gold mining companies.
Job Title: Senior Strategic Planning and Reporting Analyst (130828)
Co-lead with the Regional Planning Director the facilitation and management of the Strategic Plan process in the region as well as lead the establishment and further improvement of the planning reporting framework in the Region.
Strategic Planning Process
- Assistance to the Regional Planning Director in the facilitation and management of the Regional Strategic Plan development process;
- Coordinate and facilitate the continuous improvement, alignment and integration of the Strategic Planning process into the business to deliver on Newmont’s vision and mission;
- Development of the Strategic Planning timeline as well as the Planning process to ensure alignment with Regional and Corporate Calendars;
- Collaborating with the Regional Leadership and Site Management teams to agree on and select key stakeholders to facilitate relevant inputs and build consensus around critical growth projects in the Strategic Plan building blocks;
- Coordinating and facilitating all Regional Strategic Planning events, including Workshops, Review meetings and recommended/approved options for Corporate;
- Assist the Regional Planning Director in managing the internal reporting process that summarizes strategic planning efforts and provides the regional Strategic and Business Plan recommendations to Corporate;
- Coordinate the development of regional SWOT analysis and subsequent integration of risk information into the regional and corporate business planning process; by leveraging on effective relationships within the regional and corporate leadership and planning personnel;
- Conduct a post-planning review through the Lessons Learned Report and different Plan versions Variance Analysis to determine continuous improvements to the planning process and suggest further improvements to the Regional Planning Director.
- Provide management with the appropriate information for various “what if”
Strategic Planning Tools
- In coordination with the Regional Planning Director, manage the development and deployment of Regional Strategic Planning Tools to improve on planning analysis and reports;
- Continuous improvement and development of the regional Portfolio Management Tool (PMT) and similar and further integration into the planning process;
- Subject Matter Expert for the Strategic Planning analytical tools. Requires knowledge of financial accounting, tax and project valuation modeling;
- Effectively communicate analytical results and methods to personnel at all levels of the organization both verbally and in written formats.
Regional Portfolio Analysis
- Support major growth projects in the region throughout the study process by introducing portfolio view and “layering” of projects;
- Through the Regional Planning Director, collaborate with Site, Regional
- Leadership and Projects teams as well as Corporate Planning to ensure region specifics and views are considered and accounted for in the Global Portfolio of operating scenarios;
- Facilitating and ensuring alignment of major growth projects’ objectives to the regional and corporate strategic goals to ensure their progress through the Stage Gate Process;
- Facilitate continuous improvement of portfolio decision making analysis and assist in information sharing of best practices;
- Own the compilation process of the deliverables/presentations that communicate the results of the internal assets of the region as well as assessing the external opportunities regarding future projects and making relevant recommendations.
Regional Reporting Framework
- Manage the development, maintenance and continuous improvement of the Regional Planning Reporting Framework to relevantly address the information requirements of the Regional, Site as well as Corporate Leadership Teams;
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to continuously identify, define and establish relevant KPIs and Metrics for performance related reporting to Regional and Site Leadership;
- Own the process of development and deployment of Standard regional reporting templates on agreed KPIs and Metrics for the Regional and Site Leadership teams;
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders and coordinate the process of integrating regional information from different databases to produce relevant reports for reporting to regional and site leadership teams;
- Continuously explore opportunities for improving the quality of regional Standard reports, Templates and Presentations to key stakeholders (Corporate, Regional and Site Leadership).
- Develop and manage crucial business relationships with senior management members across the organization – Corporate Planning, Regional Leadership and Site Management teams – throughout the Strategic Planning processes;
- Build trust and credibility with regional and site leadership that fosters open communication, collaboration and creates results for the business.
Leadership and Team
- Actively collaborate in a high-performing team through leadership practices including information sharing;
- Provide feedback to individuals in the business that improves their strategic planning skills, understanding of Newmont’s portfolio approach and general financial and business acumen;
- Key to this role is the ability to develop internal relationships with other Newmont employees.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
CONSTRAINTS,FRAMEWORK AND BOUNDARIES
- This role requires managing crucial business processes to deliver on the Region’s
- Strategic and Business Plan objectives;
- This role has to collaborate with Regional and Site leadership levels as well as
- Corporate Planning team to achieve maximum results;
- The Reporting function in this role requires deployment and integration of regional data and information across different databases with different characteristics and templates;
- This role is expected to impact on the quality of planning and reporting in assigned entities.
- The Strategic Planning function requires effective coordination across senior management levels as well as deployment of robust and effective planning processes and tools
- This position must be able to understand and leverage the various businesses, technical and commercial processes that make up the core value chain of Newmont’s regional mining business.
- This role is primarily focused on managing the development of multiple Strategic Plan building blocks and deploying high level critical analysis in determining the optimal Strategic option for the region;
- This role also demands developing a Regional Planning Reporting framework that better meet the information needs of the Regional and Site Leadership teams as well as Corporate Planning
- This role requires a broad knowledge of the entire mining and processing value chains.
- This role requires someone who is effective at working with people across the organization to ensure that robust plans are produced and communicated across the business in a timely manner;
- Requires strong influencing and communication capabilities.
- The position is located at the Regional Office in Accra.
- Position may be required to travel within the region or internationally in order to assist sites.
- Willingness to put in extra hours as travel, projects and priorities dictate; ability to accommodate meeting times outside typical business hours to attend global calls, etc.
- Reports directly to: Regional Planning Director
- No Direct Reports
Required Skills or Experience
Posted In: NEWS