What is Residential VoIP?
Residential VoIP offers competitive pricing and bonus features
VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol, also called “digital phone service” or “Internet calling”) allows callers to make and receive phone calls using the Internet. Instead of using traditional phone lines, VoIP uses your existing high-speed internet, VoIP phones, and ATA adapters in order to complete calls. It is a much more current and more affordable technology than traditional phone solutions.
The growth of high-speed Internet has made VoIP technology readily available for residential customers at cheap monthly rates. Most residential VoIP plans have extremely low monthly rates and offer you voice quality. features. and flexibility that traditional phone companies can’t match.
Most residential VoIP plans include unlimited local and long distance calling. For instance, BasicTalk offers unlimited U.S. calling for a low per-month rate with no annual contract or hidden fees. Additionally, residential VoIP providers usually include several call management features like caller ID. voicemail. conference calling. call waiting. and more. While many traditional phone services also offer these features, they are usually available for an extra monthly fee. Most VoIP providers offer these features and tools for free when you sign up for a residential plan. Check each provider to see which productivity, call management, and collaboration features are included with their service.
Residential VoIP Buying Guide
The easiest way to purchase VoIP
There are many VoIP providers that cater towards both residential and small office/home office customers. Our VoIP providers are reputable, consistent, and affordable. But choosing the right VoIP provider can be tricky. How do you know that you’ve made the right decision? Could there be another provider that offers better service for less? Below are a few questions you should ask yourself before you make your decision:
- Know what features you need. Do you like call waiting. Do you need voicemail. Knowing what features you need will help you narrow down your search. On each provider’s page, we have a list of the most important features, and whether or not each provider offers them.
- Visit the provider’s website and research their services. Sometimes providers offer unpublicized special deals on their individual websites. Also, if you speak with a provider’s sales representative, you may be able to get an extended money back guarantee, free equipment, or more.
- Find out what the provider includes (or doesn’t include) in their quoted price. Taxes, 911 service charges, number porting fees, international rates, and other hidden charges can dramatically increase the final price of your service.
- Find out if the provider will give you the necessary VoIP equipment. Certain providers will include an IP phone or ATA adapter with their service. For instance, ITP includes a free router/adapter and mobile app with their service. Others will offer a BYOD service free of charge. And some providers will charge you for routers, phones, and other equipment. Be sure you know what your provider offers you.
We encourage you to thoroughly research all providers and plans before settling on a provider. Furthermore, please check with individual provider websites for rates, disclaimers, and additional fees that may not be displayed here. While we do our best to provide you with the most current information, a provider’s rates and/or offerings may have changed.
Residential VoIP Offers Big Features
Get free features with your new residential VoIP plan
Beyond the attractive price tag and voice quality. VoIP is popular due to the amount of tools and productivity features that come with each plan. Most providers include these features for free when you sign up for service. Here are some of the amazing features you could be using today:
If you talk on the phone quite often, you will find call management tools helpful. Call management tools like call waiting. call hold. call forward. and caller ID are all helpful features that will make for a better calling experience. Enhanced voicemail options like voicemail to email. voicemail transcription. and more add versatility to your voicemail system. Plus, you can access your voicemail from nearly anywhere! These advanced voicemail features would cost you extra on a traditional phone system. As a residential VoIP customer, you’ll also have access to a user portal. where you can control things like voicemail. block list, contact list, E911 service, and other settings. All of your changes are implemented in real-time, and allow you to easily customize your VoIP phone system.
By choosing a residential VoIP calling plan. you get flexibility and scalability that can’t be matched by a traditional phone service. Plus, with VoIP you can flawlessly add extensions and features in real-time. And you can keep and port your current number to your new VoIP service, too!
What can a VoIP phone do that a landline can t?
VoIP is superior to your standard PSTN service
A VoIP phone service can help you save up to 80% on your monthly phone bill. VoIP providers offer many features which are included with your plan. These features include voicemail. caller ID. conference calling. call waiting. and other productivity tools and functions. Furthermore, many providers offer unlimited long distance calling with their plans, which saves customers the trouble of having to purchase long-distance phone cards or pay expensive long distance fees. VoIP service plans also include unlimited calling to other subscribers with the same service on the same network. You can talk to those users for as long as you want to at no additional cost, regardless of the type of plan you purchase. Certain providers even include monthly toll-free or international minutes with your plan. Check with your provider to see what their calling restrictions and rates are.
A VoIP service is best suited for you if you can relate to any of the following statements:
- “I have a high-speed internet connection and want to lower my phone bills with a broadband phone company .”
- “I make expensive long-distance or international calls and I want to reduce the costs.”
- “I like the convenience of taking my number with me wherever I travel.”
- “I like features such as conference calling, the ability to choose any area code, voicemail, caller ID, call waiting, and more.”
- “I’m frustrated by excessive taxes and long-distance phone company monopolies.”
- “I live outside the U.S. but I want a local U.S. number.”
VoipReview Speed Test
Test your Internet speed with our innovative speed test!
Posted In: NEWS