Employee Scheduling Software for Call Centers and Help Desks
Running a successful call center or help desk requires getting the right number of agents in place at precisely the right times. Staffing too many call center agents needlessly drives up costs and staffing too few agents at peak times causes your service level to suffer. Snap Schedule employee scheduling software helps you precisely schedule your call center agents when they are needed while complying with constraints on their availability, work hour limits, and labor costs.
Snap Schedule Call Center Scheduling Capabilities
Easily schedule unlimited number of call center agents and shifts
- Drag & drop to easily assign shifts, mark time off, move or copy assignments.
- View assignments and schedule call center agents from three different views. Use whichever view is easiest and most effective for your call center scheduling tasks.
- Create rolling work schedules – from days to years.
- Software automatically generates work schedules using industry standard shift patterns or user-definable schedule plans.
Assign “off-phone” and “on-phone” activities within each shift
- The Task Schedule Planner provides a more granular level of control for assigning call center agent activities within a shift.
- Software lets you visually assign breaks and tasks (duties) of any length from 1 minute to several hours with a simple drag and drop.
- Standard reports provide detailed and summary information on assigned breaks and tasks for cost control, payroll, and accounting purposes.
Track all training, vacation, sick leave, and other off-work requests
- Define as many paid and un-paid time-off reasons as you like.
- Simply drag & drop a reason onto the Schedule Planner to mark when an employee is off-work.
- The Schedule Outlook shows who are off-work and why.
- Available reports provide details on planned vacation, training, time off hours for any time period you select.
Quickly and efficiently fill a shift or find a substitute
- Quickly find and contact a substitute agent to fill a cancellation.
- Tell Snap Schedule your criteria and it will show you a ranked list of available candidates to fill a shift. Ranking can be based on many criteria including job position, skills, availability, labor cost, work hour limits, and seniority.
Multi-skill call center scheduling is a breeze
- You can identify applicable skills and certifications for any agent.
- The Shift Coverage Planner lets you know if there are enough agents with the right skills for phone and non-phone-media coverage.
- The Staffing Overview graph displays the number of scheduled agents having a specified skill by location, shift, or hourly coverage.
Work around schedule constraints with ease
- Define your business operational constraints such as non-working days, shift start times, end times and applicable days of the week for each shift.
- Define each agent’s availability schedule, desired work hours, daily work hour constraints, and weekly work hour constraints.
- The Schedule Planner alerts you to availability conflicts, duplicate shift assignments, overlapped shift assignments, and conflicts with scheduled time off.
- The Daily Assignment Validation report identifies all discrepancies and constraint violations.
The reason that Snap Schedule employee scheduling software cuts scheduling time so many ways is because it’s one unified tool. Snap Schedule’s automatic scheduling drastically cuts the two to three hours a week that watch commanders took for scheduling. They had to do extra steps for time off, sick time, accommodating union-mandated seniority priorities and doing reports.
JK, Systems Administrator, a combined Chicago Area 911/EMS/Police Communications Center
Manage labor costs and avoid over/under staffing
- Set overtime policies for your business.
- Define hourly cost, overtime exempt status and work hour constraints for each agent.
- Use the Shift Coverage planner to monitor under/over staffing conditions based on position, skill, and assignment reason.
- Adjust call center agents’ shift assignment start time, end time, and payable hours as necessary to reflect actual work hours.
- Standard reports provide labor cost details and summary data associated with the schedules you created over any specified period.
- Export labor cost data for payroll and accounting purposes.
Easily publish schedules to agents and management
- Print schedule views, lists, assignment calendars, and reports to communicate schedule information to management and your agents.
- Easily publish work schedules, calendars, and any report in PDF and a variety of other formats.
- Automatically email work schedules (in text or iCalendar file format) to agents and/or their supervisors.
Posted In: NEWS