Home Webmasters Free Submit URL
Not really. As long as an indexed web page links to your site, all the major engines will find you and index you. Use these forms for peace of mind, or for when you are unsure that the search engines like the sites that currently link to yours. Many more places to submit are at the Web Site Submission Base
The quickest way to be indexed is to have another site link to yours, preferably one that is updated regularly has a good Page Rank.
OR by using Google’s free SiteMaps service (some free tools for it are here)
Use this form to submit to Google for free , and appear in the search results of AOL as well:
- Only the top-level page from a site is necessary; you do not need to submit each individual page. Their crawler, Googlebot, will be able to find the rest
- Use this tool to see where you are ranked on Google, and how many backlinks you have
To see any page’s PageRank, you can either install the Google Toolbar, or if the site is listed at Open Directory, use this tool
PageRank is just one factor of many that needs to be looked at when optimizing a site for Google. PageRank is Google’s method of measuring a page’s importance. When all other factors, such as the Title tag and keywords, are taken into account, Google uses PageRank to adjust results so sites that are more important will move up in the results page of a user’s search
Google looks at which pages link to each other to determine this importance. If Page A links to Page B, then Page A is saying that Page B is an important page.
- PageRank only looks at the voting ability of incoming links to a page, and how much they recommend that page.
- Every page of a site can have a PageRank, not just the main page
- You can pass PageRank to different pages of your own site through the internal linking structure of the various pages
- Naming and titling hyperlinks using keyphrases is a separate thing from PageRank. Using keyphrases within your links may help with your search engine rankings, but not your PageRank.
In other words, for PageRank purposes, it’s better to have a page with only a few links on it pointing to your site, than a page with tons of links on it pointing to your site. If a page has a PageRank of seven (out of ten), and it’s filled with many links to other sites, those other sites only get a tiny portion of that seven PR because the PageRank gets divided amongst all the links. So in effect, just because a page has a high PageRank, it doesn’t mean it’s the best one to be linked from.
The quickest way is to get indexed is to have a blog as part of your site, with an RSS feed that is correctly XML formatted. Then geta Yahoo account (just get a free email account), then add it to your My Yahoo page, and your site will start to be indexed almost straight away.
To submit your site for free, use this form:
- Use this form to also appear at engines Yahoo bought – AltaVista and AlltheWeb.
- Check out all the different Yahoo submissions, like media paid submission
- You can also submit to the Inktomi spider, which might help with Yahoo inclusion
NOTE: You must be a registered Yahoo! user before you can use the above form. Their email service is good and free (my email provider of choice), so you might as well.
Posted In: NEWS